Re: [RFC] Standard field for manufacturer part number in schematic symbols

Thanks Wayne,

I don't see how using a field versus a new file token makes any
> difference to external tools.  The formatting of a field in a schematic
> file is no more or less difficult to parse than any other token such as
> a pin, wire, line, etc.

The matter is simply this: if you make a tool to work with KiCad schematic
files that wants to make use of an MPN field, you don't know what it's
called because everyone is using different names.

What the solution is exactly, I don't mind at all.