Re: [RFC] Standard field for manufacturer part number in schematic symbols

Hi Kasper,

Sorry - I've been out of action with regards to KiCad for a long while.
Just about getting back up to speed.

Is there any reason you can't use Template Field Names for this:
http://docs.kicad-pcb.org/stable/en/eeschema.html#options-of-the-schematic-editor

This allows you to specify fields that are common to all symbols that you
create. If the value is anything other than blank, the field is saved with
the symbol.

The easiest way to specify multiples is probable to suffix with a number,
like Manufacturer-1, PartNumber-1, Manufacturer-2, PartNumber-2, etc.

Best Regards,

Brian.