Re: Current state of ActionPlugin

On 10.01.2017 16:00, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> Frankly I don't think we should be encouraging users to use the Python
> API until it is significantly improved. The issues JP raises make the
> API completely unsuitable for plugin use. It's opaque and no users have
> any idea how to write robust Python plugins given the current state of
> the API.

Hi Chris,

I second your opinion. The current Python API reflects a very unstable
and C++-ish internal API of pcbnew. We can't do even a basic refactoring
of our code without breaking the scripts.

@JP: concerning undo/ratsnest/connectivity updates, using BOARD_COMMITs
instead of the BOARD directly solves this issue, but it would be still a
very C++-style code put in Python world.

Happy New Year
Tom