Re: PCB update behavior

I was the one suggesting that, and I would also suggest that every extra component/footprint that does not have the "virtual" attribute should be removed if there is not a matching schematic symbol, so that an extra resistor would be removed, but an extra mounting hole with the virtual tag would be kept.

 -Kristoffer
On 2017-01-11 14:00, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
Someone on #kicad has noticed that "Perform PCB update" removes
components that were placed only in pcbnew without a schematic symbol
counterpart assigned. It works as if "delete extra footprints" option
was always enabled when reading a netlist. The drawback is it removes
logos, mounting holes, etc. that were placed at later stage.

What is the right way to perform a PCB update? Shall we keep components
with empty schematic sheet path (i.e. placed in pcbnew) or force users
to maintain component & footprint links?

Regards,
Orson