Re: PCB update behavior

Le 11/01/2017 à 14:55, Kristoffer Ödmark a écrit :
> I was the one suggesting that, and I would also suggest that every extra component/footprint that
> does not have the "virtual" attribute should be removed if there is not a matching schematic symbol,
> so that an extra resistor would be removed, but an extra mounting hole with the virtual tag would be
> kept.

Virtual tag is just to avoid the component put in BOM.

A typical virtual component is a edge-connector card and some microwave components which are only a
drawing on the board.
The footprint itself is similar to other footprints (but usually has no 3D symbol)

For me I am not sure the "right way" exists.
(In my designs I always put a schematic symbol for each footprint, especially mounting holes)
Perhaps an option similar to options existing in import netlist dialog.
Or, better, like in Altium, a dialog to validate footprints which will be removed or changed.

Note: locked footprints are not removed.
Basically, mounting holes (like any mechanical footprint) should be always *locked* in a good design.