Re: Python LAYER_PAIR parameter for EXCELLON_WRITER().BuildHolesList()

On Thursday 12 January 2017 12:37:37 jp charras wrote:

> It could be worth to explain us what exactly are you trying to do.

MSEkicadBOM is a tool in order to combine KiCad with a component database and
to automate document and production file generation. MSEkicadBOM scans the
KiCad schematic files and matches the found components with the Firebird
component database and looks up the associated footprint in the database, see
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/msekicadbom.png
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/kicad_component.png

'Reporting'-'Component-Footprintlist' creates a *.cmp list which can be
imported into schematic.

Document and production file generation uses infos defined in setup dialogs
which can use macros, the data is stored in project files and project
templates. See for example
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/kicad_globalsettings.png
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/kicad_globalsettings1.png
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/kicad_projectsettings.png

All is under construction!

> FILE is a basic C struct.
> These methods are helper methods to create files, but are called by a
> higher lever method.

That means that not all functions in pcbnew.py can be used because of missing
proxy classes?

> If you are trying to create a EXCELLON drill file (exactly a set of files),
> have a look into the demo: gen_gerber_and_drill_files_board.py

Maybe it is possible to abuse the higher level functions in order to produce
the needed low level results, I prefer to use low level functions directly.
At the end it means less hassle.
It seems it already has been talked about:
https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg10233.html

Thanks, Martin