Re: Standard symbol field names initiative

On 1/13/2017 9:20 AM, Kaspar Emanuel wrote:

> On 13 January 2017 at 13:35, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Ithink using separate fields
>     would be cleaner and more reliable in the long run.
>

> Yes, I am coming over to this point of view. I just quite liked the
> compactness and clarity of the initial proposal but it might not be a
> good trade-off to make in this instance.
>
> I think people tend to overcomplicate things a bit. These are just some
> fields names that we all use but call different things.
>
> After a few weeks I will make a final document. It would be nice to put
> up on kicad-pcb.org <http://kicad-pcb.org> somewhere to link to when
> people ask about it suggested field names to use as defaults in their
> application.

We would have to decide that we want to make the part of the KiCad
project before I would add it to the KiCad website.  Once you've nailed
down the specification, let us know so we can discuss whether it makes
sense to include it as part of the project.  I would want my library
developers in on this discussion as well.