Cosmetically enhancing the cosmetic enhancement

This looks bad:

https://misc.c4757p.com/ugly.png

Really bad. Three of the same icon, with low enough contrast that I can
barely tell what it's a picture of... and seriously, prepending "** " to
mark the selected item? Really? Even text-mode applications that are
stuck doing things like that usually think to space over the deselected
ones too so everything still lines up...

If I prepared a patch to ditch the icon and display option buttons next
to those instead, would it be argued against?

--
Chris

Follow ups