OT: Re: Cosmetically enhancing the cosmetic enhancement

Sorry for trolling a bit, but...

On 2017-01-14 15:35, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> This looks bad:
>
> https://misc.c4757p.com/ugly.png
>
> Really bad.

...the need to switch canvases is the really bad thing - IMO.

Some non-programmers might not even know what OpenGL or Cairo is. And why do they need to switch to ... what? There is no clear overview which functions are available in which graphical backend included.

Is it possible - before we can eliminate the different backends - to switch the canvases automatically depending on the function we want to execute? It's like using macros with KiCAD - i.e. just send out a F11 keypress when you start P&S routing. Can we just "fake" the three options away until we get the legacy stuff cleaned up? Who really wants and needs to deal with canvases while designing a PCB?

Regards,

Clemens