Re: Escapes in the s-expr format documentation

While we're on the subject of the s-expr formatting; can we ensure that
all writers use quotes on literal strings rather than using the unnecessary
'no quotes are necessary if there is no space' rule? I haven't read the file
format docs for a long time now - but does '\' escape " only, or both " and \,
or does it have other meanings?

- Cirilo