Re: PATCH: remove Ohm sign from multiplier bitmap

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 1:14 PM jp charras <jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 27/01/2017 à 13:02, Jean-Noël AVILA a écrit :

> >> Interesting topic:
> >> In France, unit prefixes corresponding to a scaling factor > 1 are in upper case and < 1 in lower case.
> >
> > I have no knowledge of such "rule". In France, we are mainly using ISO
> > notation.
> >
> >> This is the "legal" notation, and I am thinking this is an ISO normalization.
> >> therefore M is mega and m is milli.
> >
> > This rule may appear to be true for this case, but it is not a rule (see
> > below).
> >

> >> Although K is kilo (the only one official notation) and k does not exist in "legal" notation,
> >
> > False! kilo is always k : kg, km, k-ohms and so on.
> >
> > See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_prefix

And overall upper case letter "K" stand for Kelvin in SI notation,
even without a ° (° K). See http://www.bipm.org/en/measurement-units/
and http://www.bipm.org/en/measurement-units/ as reference.

So this should be a lower case "k" to be technical correct.