Re: [RFC] Application naming

Le 02/02/2017 à 19:13, Pedro Martin a écrit :
> Hi Chris,
>
> Beginners solve this issue... reading the manual.
>
> Why not keep the actual names only because JP named them this way?
>
> Regards,
> Pedro.

Thanks Pedro.
But the major issue which must be taken in account it not that.

Changing names has serious results:
* Documentation and all the translations has to be modified.
Opinion was asked to devs, to users, but not to doc writers/translators,and this is really not fair.
* Links on Internet cannot be modified, and there are a lot of hits regarding kicad:
I really agree Cvpcb is not a good name, but just try "Cvpcb" on Google .

Before changing these names you have to  *seriously* think to the results.
(Think about that not only twice, but 3 times about that)

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS