Self explaining names that are easy to use standalone as well as names that will not make a new users scoff and works well as binary filenames.

I really dislike having entirely different names for the binary and the shortcut-key/desktop-shortcut like ubuntu and their decision to have "Document Viewer" as the name for evince etc.

- Kristoffer

On 2017-02-02 22:04, Chris Pavlina wrote:
Hi!

On 2017-02-02 20:20, Pedro Martin wrote:
There is still the secret of the meaning of the Ki of Kicad.

And what is the cv in cvpcb?

bitmap2component seems also quite limited in case we are going to support svg import...
in, sure, an "Import..." menu option.

If we want project branded names (which are not my primary choices) it might help to get better results by using more selective keywords in online search engines:

KiSchematic
KiLayout
KiLibrary
KiEdit
KiTool
KiSimulator
KiCalculator
KiWhatever

Stop suggesting things that can't be easily pronounced! Sticking Ki-
prefixes to everything doesn't help with that.

I don't see why we need to SEO this. Instead of searching for "how to
FOO in eeschema", just search for "how to FOO in kicad"!

Ki in german is used for "Künstliche Intelligenz" (artificial intelligence)... but i've heard KiCad was mocked as KinderCad as well.

Regards,

Clemens

Regards,
Pedro.