Footprint browser

Hello!

I found an interesting and well written offtopic comment[1] in the user forum regarding the different pickers, and I went to investigate in the code.

I was looking for the dialog for the footprint browser, but I did not find it. What I found however was that it was not implemented in OSX and that the last commit touching the code was in 2010.

common/dialogs/dialog_get_component.cpp line 31.

Could someone be kind to help me shed some light onto this dialog, and where the browser is implemented and invoked and why it is disabled in OSX?

- Kristoffer

-----

[1]https://forum.kicad.info/t/non-devs-what-do-you-think-of-the-app-names/5147/30