Re: for comment: legacy canvas in V5 release

And the option to stick to an older version of kicad with the legacy support is always there...

On 2017-02-08 12:35, Chris Pavlina wrote:
Something stands out from this email that's worth mentioning, I think:

Admitted, I don't have the newest hardware but I like to have not so fast
machines in order to be forced to develop fast software. ;-)

WE DON'T. It is unreasonable to expect the developers of KiCad to lock
themselves into developing things compatible with toasters because that
is what you prefer. All we're asking is that people have OpenGL. Not a
state-of-the-art GPU with a million CUDA cores and fifty terabytes of
video RAM. OpenGL. The only thing I can imagine that logically follows
from "you can't rely on OpenGL because I use old hardware" is "you can't
rely on having a MMU because I run KiCad on my Cortex-M-based toaster".

Seriously, every $50 used laptop on Craigslist has OpenGL support.