Re: for comment: legacy canvas in V5 release

I think this thread is the perfect example of why KiCad has design to
the largest group of users possible.  We do not have the manpower to
support users who want to use really old hardware or users who want us
to use the latest version of opengl.  We would lose too many users in
the middle which is our target and represents the largest user base.
Over time we will move to newer opengl versions.  Users who cannot or
will not upgrade will always be able to run older versions of KiCad.