Re: Issues in right click context menu in GAL mode on Windows.

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 2:01 AM, Kristoffer Ödmark
<kristofferodmark90@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am seeing the "Pads" menu entry when right-clicking empty in linux, "push
> pads settings" is enabled in the submenus and if I press that one and get a
> small dialog, the button "Pad Editor" gives me a segfault. I am guessing
> that is because there is no footprint selected.

I think that's more likely that there is no global pad setting to use
and a missing null check, but either way, that's bad.

There is a branch "pad_menus" at
https://git.launchpad.net/~john-j-beard/kicad that adjusts some of the
PAD_TOOL behaviour:

* Pad push only works from a single selected pad, no longer able to
use the global pad setting from an empty selection, which is a bit
"secret".
* Pad import/apply is only available when there is a global pad
setting, even if a pad is selected.
* The whole menu is hidden if none of the options are available, or of
there are no footprints (e.g. blank module editor)
* The enumerate pads action is now in the Pads submenu (and therefore
hidden until a footprint is loaded

Cheers,

John