Fwd: KiCad (pay day?)

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : 	KiCad
Date : 	Wed, 8 Feb 2017 18:00:48 +0000
De : 	James Falbo <jfalbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Pour : 	jean-pierre.charras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <jean-pierre.charras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Jean-Pierre,

I want to thank you for your vision with KiCAD. You should be very proud of the platform and tool it
has become. Electronics hobbyist finally have a free limitless package they can use to layout their
own PCB -- of a variety of sizes and layers.  I lead the Electronics Club at the University of Akron
(in Akron, Ohio in the US) and I’m going to teach the engineering students how to use your KiCAD to
make schematics and layout their own PCBs so they can become more hands on engineering students.
 I’m not sure what “Ki” stands for but it is a nice easy name to remember.  I suspect it’s an
abbreviation of a French word.

I especially appreciate how most options are shown on the side bars of the KiCad screen. That makes
it easy. Last night I made my first schematic part (a microchip part) and got a bit confused about
how to properly save it in a new library, but it all worked out. It was quite easy to make the part!

Anyhow, I just wanted to say thank you from abroad and let you know that hobbyist in Ohio are using
your software. You may not know this but Thomas Edison was born in Ohio, about 1.5 hours west of
here. If he was living in modern times he too would be using your KiCad!

James Falbo

Agratronix

VP of Product Development

Electronics Cub Mentor