Re: .SWEET file suggestion

Hi,

On 14.02.2017 10:54, Strontium wrote:

> I believe it would be far preferable for these types of components
> simply to define the functions of each pin in a table, and then when
> placing the part, its just an empty box (like a nested sheet).  You then
> right click on the part select "Add pin" and then select from the list
> of unplaced pins the one you want, and its function.  You then drop the
> pin on one of the 4 sides of the box.

Yes, that's one of the end goals of the pin table, but with work
consuming most of my day, I didn't get around to that yet.

> Schematic DRC would then have an Error/Warning for pins not used.

This is why the pin table has a summary, where it tries to create ranges
from the defined pins. A 144 pin component is completely defined when
the summary says "1-144", and a 324 pin BGA component is complete when
the summary says "A1-S19".

   Simon