Re: [RFC] BOM Editor

Hello Clemens,

Why not have one _database_ in between schematic and layout and
> manufacturing, assembly (and ERP and ...) and the tools just pick what they
> need?

I agree that this is the better option. But it is also an ambitious
project. For example, for machine assembly, the global database must also
hold feeder details (tape/tube/tray, step size, reel size), orientation in
the packaging, component height, best nozzle to use to pick it up, and
probably other parameters that I am forgetting right now.