Re: [RFC] Future of GitHub libraries

To add my 2 cents from a user perspective:

Am Samstag, 18. Februar 2017, 09:57:55 schrieb Jon Evans:
> [...]
>
> At my workplace, we use Git to store electronics designs and
> symbol/footprint libraries.

When I did the classroom installs for our students last fall I had to hack the
configuration files to make KiCad use the libraries stored on a network share
(https://forum.kicad.info/t/classroom-installation-of-kicad-stable-4-0-4/4126)

These libraries contain many 'atomic' parts with information like laboratory
stock location, manufacturer, datasheet etc. which does change, so a proper
version management is essential.

We also require the students to use git repositories for their projects, so if
KiCad would provide integrated project versioning as well, it would be a huge
benefit.

Regards,

Ingo