Re: [Request for Tests] Experimental icon options in Kicad

Le 21/02/2017 à 16:35, Chris Pavlina a écrit :
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 04:30:11PM +0100, jp charras wrote:

>>> I don't have time to test this right now, but... for me, this is
>>> unacceptable. No option should require a restart. The functions that
>>> populate the menus claim to be able to repopulate them, you should make
>>> use of that, and fix it if it doesn't work right.
>>
>> Chris, you have missed something: it is an *experimental* feature.
>> Therefore I need to known is it is working or useful.
>>
>> I do not want spend my time to repopulate the toolbars, if this feature does not work fine on HDPI
>> monitors, and if is is never added to Kicad.
>>
>> Therefore it is perfectly acceptable, for an experimental test.
>
> Sure, I just mean it won't be acceptable if the experimental feature is
> turned into a real feature ;)

Before it is a real feature, there is still a lot of work.
For instance:
* resizing images which are not icons from svg files (layer Selector for instance).
* resizing combo boxes when a resized image is displayed.
* define if the selection is for the full kicad suite, or per application (one for eeschema, one for
pcbnew and so on).
Just because if you are working with 2 monitors (a frequent case to be efficient when designing a
board: many of corporate board designers I know work with 2 and sometimes 3 monitors) you can have 2
different selections, if one monitor is HDPI, and the other is not.