Re: [Request for Tests] Experimental icon options in Kicad

On 3/1/2017 11:15 AM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 01/03/2017 à 15:05, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
>> I'm OK with making the menu icons a user option rather than a build time
>> option.  I really don't have a preference on this issue so give the
>> people what they want.
>>
>> The bitmap scaling is a separate issue and needs to be tested by users
>> with high dpi displays.  I don't recall anyone reporting back on this
>> yet.  I suppose we could make it a build config option and have some
>> custom builds available for users to test but I don't want to make this
>> a default until we have some input.
>
> I could commit the menu icons on/off as user option.

I am fine with that if there are no objections.

> The bitmap scaling needs to be tested, and is not yet ready for use, just suitable only for tests.
> (It needs more work before committing)

If you know anyone who has a high dpi display, please give them a nudge
to test this.  We are getting quite a few users who are using high dpi
displays so we need to address this sooner rather than later.