SCH_SCREEN::CheckComponentsToPartsLinks()

Does anyone know why SCH_SCREEN::CheckComponentsToPartsLinks() is called
every time SCH_SCREEN::Draw(), SCH_SCREEN::Plot(), and
SCH_SCREENS::BuildScreenList()?  For those who are not aware,
CheckComponentsToPartsLinks() is the function used to link the LIB_PART
found in the library list to the SCH_COMPONENT object.  It seems to me
that the only time CheckComponentsToPartsLinks() should be called is
when the schematic is loaded or any time the LIB_PART object linked by
SCH_COMPONENT is changed or the library list changes.  If I'm reading
this correctly, the entire list of SCH_COMPONENT objects is relinked to
the LIB_PART objects every time the schematic is drawn.  Am I missing
something here or did someone add the redundant
CheckComponentsToPartsLinks() calls inadvertently?

Cheers,

Wayne