Re: GerbView GAL: Ready for alpha testing; need more sample Gerber files

On 4 March 2017 21:37:56 GMT+00:00, Jon Evans <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>A few more notes:
>
>- Grid settings hasn't been added in the GUI yet; I'll be taking that
>from
>pcbnew so user can pick dot/line/small

Hi Jon,

I haven't had a chance to recompile yet (full disclosure!) but this
sounds great.

For the GAL settings, I was planning to break out the GAL settings
from the Pcbnew Display Settings dialog into a reusable widget than
can be embedded into tabs in each GAL-enabled program and acts on a
passed-on GAL_DISPLAY_OPTIONS instance. Currently the footprint editor
also lacks grid style control as well.

Having to separately add all GAL-specific display options to each
dialog would otherwise become a bit of a maintenance headache.

Cheers,

John