Re: Footprint filter match behavior

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 05:24:07PM +0100, Simon Richter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 14.03.2017 16:57, Chris Pavlina wrote:
>
> > What if I changed this to require matching at the beginning of the
> > string? A filter meant to match anywhere in the string could be written
> > "*R_*" instead. This should significantly reduce the number of false
> > positive matches.
>
> The regex matcher should give you good results for "^R".

I think people would be opposed to using regexes in the footprint
filters. I like having them in some places as an option, but they're
complicated for people who aren't programmers, and I don't want to use
the combined matcher for footprint filters because I'd like to reduce
false positives here (as a long match list is unwieldy).