Re: UI improvements

Hi, Chris!

On 2017-03-23 11:24, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 10:27:55AM +0100, Clemens Koller wrote:
>> Hello, Chris!

>>> I'm struggling to think of a use for this. Maybe for power users, to
>>> jump quickly to the component in the raw sch file by searching for it -
>>> but why not just search for the reference?
>>>
>>> I wonder how many people would complain if I took that out.
>>
>> I'd complain. 8-)
>> Because the timestamp is a valuable information (until we have proper version control in situ).
>> But: NOT in hex form.
>
> Really? How do you use it?

I can see when I generated/modified the component the last time in the lib and
compare it to the version/date/timestamp of the library generator.
Different designs might have different versions in use...
Some designs will get updated during a redesign, some won't.
Having a timestamp is a short-cut to comparing the lib with a diff-tool.

Regards,

Clemens