Re: Build system Boost version

On 2017-03-26 07:32 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
find_package( Boost 1.54.0 REQUIRED COMPONENTS system )

That seems fairly old to me but every time we bump a dependency version,
users on older platforms get dropped.  Anyone have an idea of what a
reasonable minimum version of boost that wont leave too many users out
of luck?

FYI, when I was running Linux Mint 17 I only had boost 1.54 (IIRC). Now that I'm on 18.1 I have boost 1.58. Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu which tends to lag behind some other distros by a bit. This information is one data point for you to consider in deciding the minimum version.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.