3D in component selector

Hi,

Just a quick update - I'm giving up for now on my plan to have a 3D
footprint view in the component selector. I just don't think the value
added vs effort spent is worth it, and there are more important things I
want to spend time on. I feel that the component chooser is Good Enough now
with 2D footprint view and selection (though there are still some UI/X
issues I plan to address).

Anyone else interested in adding it is welcome, we can discuss some plans I
had for integrating it cleanly into the dialog. But personally, I'm still
up to my nose in yak hair from just the footprint selector :)

--
Chris

Follow ups