Move point on pcbnew

Hi Guys,

While I was using an old developer version of Kicad (the build date was
28-2-2017), in pcbnew the move tool would grab the component from the point
closer to the cursor when M was pressed. In other word, if the cursor was
closer to a pad the center of the pad would become the grabbing point.

On the last developer release from the Ubuntu PPA, this behavior
disappeared. I'm trying to figure out at which point it was deleted but as
I was quite far away from master head this could be a very long process.
Now I am at commit #bbaa29, made by Chris Pavlina.

Can someone of the developers point to me at which point this feature was
removed?

My ultimate goal would be to make a push request in order to get this
feature added again. So if someone could help that would be great!

Thanks again to all,
Carlo

Follow ups