Re: [FEATURE] Partial selection in pcbnew

On Thu, May 04, 2017 at 02:36:06PM +0200, Kristoffer Ödmark wrote:
> Personally I would like the box select to update selections online while
> dragging, this would be very informative. I also think that maybe this
> functionality would be better with a modifier button now that I think about
> it, since sometimes I cannot starta a drag move in one corner due to a large
> footprint residing there and then getting selected.

+1

I like the GIMP way:

 - CTRL+drag means substract objects from the selecion
   and appears little minus symbol near the pointer to feedback this

 - SHIFT+drag means add objects to the selection
   and appears little plus symbol near the pointer to feedback this

> But the hidden features problem is one that is starting to affect more and
> more of pcbnew since functionality is added continuosly.

agree

> I know there is a manual for pcbnew, maybe tools should have some shortcut
> to go to the relevant section of that manual? Or the tools have a shortcut
> to go a "tool manual" I have no clue on how to achieve this, but It would be
> nice.

again this would be very handy as it is already present for instance in GIMP.

We should figure out how to obtain this, at least for HTML... I have some
ideas about how it can be obtained but I have to check for those
feasibility...

Regards,

--

Marco Ciampa