Re: [Patch] pcbnew clipboard support

It will be cool to have this feature. Good work

В Четверг, 4 май. 2017 в 11:41 , Kristoffer Ödmark <kristofferodmark90@xxxxxxxxx> написал:
Hello all!

Last night I was doing some design that used a PCB antenna. I had this antenna design made in zones, It was very frustrating to try to copy this between an old design and a new one since I had to use a texteditor ( very glad that I could though ).

After this I figured that this should be able to be copy-pasted between pcbs.

So I have now implemented a subclass of the PCB_IO, that can format an entire board or a selection to the clipboard in textformat, and then created a subclass to the PCB_PARSER that parses from the clipboard and reuses the "append board" functionality to add them back. It also does remove the "path" properties of modules. This allows me to copy-paste things between different PCBs in kicad. The shortcut keys are ctrl+shift+c and ctrl+shift+v so that people dont use this by mistake :)

I think that this might be useful for reusing designs in some manner, and if this is in Kicad, my next step would be to start looking into some tool to link the pasted modules to symbols in the schematic.

Give me some insight on what you think about this please :)

video: https://youtu.be/4SuUzma0Ua4

(only tested in linux)

- Kristoffer