Re: [FEATURE] Partial selection in pcbnew

the way autocad did it since about when computer mice started coming out
for computers was to use a continuous border for the rectangle when doing a
"window" select (that is, all objects must be completely enclosed to be
part of the selection), when dragging the other way the outline is dashed
for a "cross" selection (all objects touching get selected). I remember
when i first used Autocad 2000 that was one of the first features i
discovered on my own and it was pretty nice. More modern versions of
Autocad also tint the inside of the selection rectangle, blue for window
selection and green for cross selection. I suggest to just use this as it
is good enough and consistent for people that are already familiar to CAD,
without it being a huge barrier for newcomers.

[image: Inline image 1]