Re: [QUESTION] Multiple symbols in .sweet format

On 5/8/2017 6:22 PM, Oliver Walters wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is probably best addressed to Wayne, or anyone else who is keenly
> interested in the new .sweet format.
>
> Currently there is a very heated thread on the forums regarding
> different resistor representations (people have too much time on their
> hands)
> - https://forum.kicad.info/t/alternate-resistor-symbol-kicad-evaluation-for-company-use/6310/62

I will refrain from such unnecessary discussions due to lack of time.
There is absolutely nothing preventing users from using what ever
resistor symbol they want.  I don't understand the issue.  Just create a
new resistor symbol and give it a different name than 'R'.  Whether you
put it in a new library or an existing library seems really doesn't
matter.  Am I missing something else here?