Re: [REQUEST] Remove Wings from Windows Installer

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Oliver Walters
<oliver.henry.walters@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does Wings3D have any benefit over FreeCAD with regard to VRML support? I
> certainly agree that we should perhaps suggest FreeCAD over Wings.

You can get better material appearances using Wings3D but it really is
a nuisance
to get right. For those who script their own models in FreeCAD it's
much better to
use StepUp and assign material appearances for VRML. However, I suspect some
people would still rather use Wings3D even though the resulting model has no
value whatsoever for mechanical use. I guess you could always set up
polls to see
what sort of responses you get from users.

- Cirilo