Re: [RFC] Preferences Editor

I agree with this approach! Switching to a tree lister for preferences was
on my list of things to propose one day. Complicated creation software like
KiCad inevitably needs lots of options, and in my opinion this is the
nicest way to display them all in one place.

Some applications also have a search box right above the tree lister on the
top left. If you type in something, it performs a fuzzy search and only
shows the preference pages that have some text matching your search.

In terms of global vs project being separate windows, I don't have a strong
opinion, but wanted to note that I've used applications with tree view
preferences that mix them together (that is, project preferences are just
another section of the tree) and think that approach works fine. The
advantage is that everything you would possibly want to change is in one
window; the disadvantage is possible confusion or overwhelming the user
with options.

-jon

On Jun 4, 2017 10:22, "Oliver Walters" <oliver.henry.walters@xxxxxxxxx>