Re: pull default PDF viewer

On 6/6/2017 4:17 AM, Fabrizio Tappero wrote:
> ​Apologies for presenting this problem again and again
>
>  I think this topic came up too many times but (on my linux system) the
> default PDF viewer is not pulled correctly by kiCad. From the terminal:
>
> $ cat /usr/share/applications/defaults.list  | grep pdf
> application/pdf=xreader.desktop;evince.desktop;atril.desktop

Is this the same as the mime type?  Look at another app such as
Thunderbird and see what app it uses to open PDF files.

> but KiCad insist using Gimp.

Is Preferences->PDF Viewer->System Default PDF Viewer in the KiCad
launcher checked?  If not, KiCad will attempt to fall back on some
reasonable default.  If it is checked, then there is most likely a bug
in wxMimeTypeManager which is used to determine the system command to
open a PDF file.

> can anybody point me to the right direction? I am looking at preferences.cpp

The source file you are looking for is common/gestfich.cpp.  The
function is OpenPDF().