Re: how to know that which string item have been removed in po file

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 10:08:42AM +0800, liyoubdu wrote:
> i am doing some translation. i notice that some strings in kicad.po are
> redundant since they have been removed from cpp code files. as a result,
> the po file is bigger and bigger. why not reduce the file, and i want to
> do that. but questions is in my mind. how can i know that which string
> items have  been removed. is there some good measure to reduce po file
> automatically.

Dear liyoubdu,
the translation strings update & removal is handled automatically by the
gettext suite commands. These commands are launched by poedit or by the
source supplied script update-po-files.sh (for Linux).
I can update your strings for you if you need so.
Just tell me if you need it and I will update stable/master strings for you.

Regards,

--

Marco Ciampa

 GNU/Linux User #78271