Re: [RFC] 3D models repository

One more clarification: all files need a copyright notice which precedes
the license notice. So something like "Copyright John Smith 2017" and then
"This work is licensed under..." The reason is simple: copyrightable works
start their life as "all rights reserved" by default. The only person who
has the right to give extra permissions (such as copying, modifying, etc.)
in the form of a license is the copyright holder. So I cannot take any file
from the Internet and add a license header to it. I need to be the
copyright holder for that file. And it makes sense that I clarify that with
a copyright statement before the licensing paragraph.

Hope it makes sense! Cheers,

Javier