Re: [RFC] 3D models repository

Wayne, others,

A lot of input here, thanks everyone.

Based on the suggestions above, my proposal is as follows:

symbols licence file:

Copyright (C) 2017 KiCad

This work is licensed under the [Creative Commons CC-BY-SA 4.0 License](
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/).

To the extent that circuit schematics that use Licensed Material can be
considered to be ‘Adapted Material’, then the copyright holder waives
article 3.b of the license with respect to these schematics.

footprints licence file:

Copyright (C) 2017 KiCad

This work is licensed under the [Creative Commons CC-BY-SA 4.0 License](
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/).

To the extent that circuit layouts that use Licensed Material can be
considered to be ‘Adapted Material’, then the copyright holder waives
article 3.b of the license with respect to this layout.

3D models licence file:

Copyright (C) 2017 KiCad

This work is licensed under the [Creative Commons CC-BY-SA 4.0 License](
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/).

To the extent that circuit models that use Licensed Material can be
considered to be ‘Adapted Material’, then the copyright holder waives
article 3.b of the license with respect to these models.

This will be a single file per repository.

Please let me know if this is sufficient (or otherwise). I am not willing
to make a call on the wording of this myself, but would like to ensure that
it is enacted soon.

Kind Regards,
Oliver