Re: [RFC] 3D models repository

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 10:16 AM, Oliver Walters <
oliver.henry.walters@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Would it be sufficient to drop the "Copyright (C) 2017 KiCad" header?

I don't think so, sorry! When you include a license header in a file, you
are giving users more rights than they initially had. Only the copyright
holder can do that. I.e. the very existence of a license header necessarily
implies a copyright holder, and that copyright holder, if we are to follow
good practice, should be spelled out before the licensing header.

Cheers,

Javier