Re: [RFC] 3D models repository

Cirilo,

Can we stipulate as part of the license file that any contributors agree
implicitly that their generated models are released as public domain? i.e.
don't require explicit release from every contributor, as it is inherent to
the library LICENSE?

a) If you contribute model / footprint / symbol to KiCad libraries, they
can be distributed in accordance with [whatever license we choose here]

b) KiCad assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the model data

c) Library data may be shared freely*

* Here "freely" is the current source of contention. I am all for having as
permissive a license as possible - I don't see any benefit from locking the
library down.

Oliver