Re: [RFC] 3D models repository

> After that, people who contribute new symbols/fottprints/models should
> make copyright and license notices part of that submission, exactly as for
> source code.

This is going to be very burdensome - it is already quite a lot of work to
submit symbols / footprints against the KLC (KiCad Library Convention).
Requiring users to add license files will:

a) Bloat the libraries

b) Be beyond the ability or patience of most contributors.

I would strongly prefer an approach that essentially says "If you
contribute to the library, the symbols / footprints will be placed under
the existing license available in the LICENSE file."

 I had been operating under the assumption that we only had to consider the
license that applies to library data AFTER they have been accepted into the
library.

Allowing per-file licensing is going to be a real mess.

Oliver