Re: Improving SCM behaviour of kicad_pcb

Forward compatibility is highly unlikely given our limited manpower.

There is a fundamental misunderstanding about net names.  Pcbnew does
not have anything to do with naming them.  Pcbnew on reads the net names
from the net list.  The net names are generated by Eeschema and passed
to Pcbnew so the issue is with Eeschema.  Currently, Eeschema does not
save undefined (unlabeled) net names.  It automatically renumbers them
each time a new netlist is generated.  One work around is to label every
net in Eeschema using some type of label.  I do this so I know which
signals I'm routing.  I've never found net names such as N-##### very
useful.

I am considering saving automatically assigned net names in the new
schematic file format but that is still uncertain at this point.