Re: Via tool in Pcbnew.

Hi Orson,

I do agree that a single solution does not satisfy everyone, nor does it have to.

I was just adding my voice to Heikki's that the PNS router does not quite handle some of the basic tasks that I am needing to do, that the legacy interface does handle. The details are complex, partially rooted in the fact that net class based clearances are not a good approach for my current situation where I need to use mixed trace/space technology on the same nets. Meanwhile I'm dropping back to the legacy interface occasionally to make progress and that fact is significant in itself.

Dragging track nodes, including dragging the free end of a track that is in progress but also in the way of the track I'm laying, is the difference that causes me to drop back the most.

The assumption in the PNS that I want 45degree angles when dragging a track and that the free end of a track should be fixed, don't work for me. (However these are things I'd tweak to suit myself if others had no need)

The ability to delete a segment (or walkaround chain) is something from the legacy that I would bring over to my own branch if the core team did not.

The frequent mouse click drops I have not had time to understand enough to file a bug report. Whether it is PNS event handling or the load put on the system by PNS plus kicad or WX, I don't know.