Re: GAL canvas behavior.

(Sorry for the duplicate, Wayne. This time I replied all.)
I much prefer that the selected objects remain selected. If the selection took precision, especially for multi-object additive multiple selection, then having to reselect even a subset is arduous. The addition of the extra "Esc" key requirement is reduced because it is pressing the *same* key, where your hand already is on the keyboard.