Re: bugs in stable 4.07

If we have known segfault bugs we should fix them.  I can remove the tag
on the stable branch and move it to your bug fix commits.  Nice catch.

I need some input from our package devs as to the impact on the stable
release packaging.  I can push the release back another week or two to
allow our package devs to create new packages.  Sorry about the extra
work.  This is the first time I've had to do this.

On 7/24/2017 10:37 AM, jp charras wrote:
> Hi Wayne,
>
> I found 2 bugs in version 4.0.7
>
> The first is bug 1705941 (KiCad segfaults when creating project zip to dir with no write permission).
> I fixed it (this is a minor change) in master (rev 622ba4f11bc788ec8690c51928061034045d3d18), and in
> my local stable 4.0.7 working tree (I can commit it).
>
> the second is https://forum.kicad.info/t/edge-cuts-export-corrupted-using-python-interface/7173,
> created by commit bfacf023608dfe192900576a60b204f63cffffd8.
>
> After this commit, default values are not compatible with gerber output.
> It affects only the python scripts (both in master and stable 4.07 versions), because incorrect plot
> parameters are modified by the plot dialog.
> However the plot code is not well designed and can create issues in any plot format.
> The fix is not very hard, but needs a minimal work.
>
> But on Launchpad, the 4.0.7 is already tagged.
> So is it possible now to fix these issues on Launchpad, or is it too late?
>
> Thanks.

Follow ups