Re: 4.0.7 packaging (docs, macOS)

On 7/28/2017 11:08 PM, Adam Wolf wrote:
> The 4.0.7 pre1 build I made last week with the 4.0.6 docs and libs works OK.

I'm guessing that we are keeping the libs and docs at 4.0.6.  I haven't
seen or heard any move to tag 4.0.7.  I think it's important to keep the
libs the same to prevent breaking schematics even though the new libs
are far superior.  It may be wise to keep the docs at the same tag as
well.  There may be documentation for features in the dev branch that do
not exist in the stable 4 branch.

> The help files launch, the various sub programs launch standalone as
> well as through the project manager, the translations work.
>
> There is at least one bug with the Template Selector--when you switch
> between the User Templates, System Templates, and Portable Templates
> tabs at the top, the path in the bottom doesn't match.  Sometimes when
> you select User Templates, for example, it shows the System Template
> path, othertimes Portable Templates, other times it actually shows
> User Templates.  This is in launchpad, but the initial bug report
> isn't quite right.  (https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1492576)
>
> I do not suspect this is a release blocker.

It is not a release blocker but it would be nice to get it fixed.  AFAIK
the problem doesn't exist on windows or linux.

> Before I can make the real 4.0.7 package, though, I need the docs for
> 4.0.7 generated.

Unless there are no objections, I think using 4.0.6 tags are fine in
this case unless someone with more knowledge of the lib and doc repos
can tag a better 4.0.7 commit.