Re: Additional Patch for via properties dialog (2)

Le 22/08/2017 à 12:10, Simon Küppers a écrit :
> I second this. Working in a Research Institute I can assure you, that very often there are circuit
> boards with "interesting" stackups and via configurations... These boards are not produced by
> quick-turn factories like eurocircuits but companies such as ILFA or Optiprint.
>
> It would be unwise to cut out those users from KiCad.

I dont't remember I said we should restrict vias to eurocircuits constraints.

Moreover "very often there are circuit boards with "interesting" stackups and via configurations"
lead me to think there are constraints, unless I missed something.
(if there are "via configurations", there are constraints)

I don't think eurocircuits is at quick-turn factory (although I have myself any experience about
blind/buried vias) but I think blind/buried vias can have constraints, because I saw constraints in
board houses.

Ultimately is it useful to design a board, if you cannot make it?

In fact, Pcbnew is really lacking a board stackup editor, to define not only the stackup layers, but
some other parameters (via parameters, copper thickness, dielectric thickness and type, and a few
other parameters).

This board stackup definition is needed not only for vias, but also for impedance controlled boards.

PS:
The current "tracks and vias editor" dialog is (for me) a not finished work:
It does not make any DRC test after editing, and this is *really annoying*.