Re: Missing symbol elements in eeschema?

Hi macOS guys,

does anyone see this kind of problems?
For me it is 100% reproducible on all my machines (on 10.12.x), both with my own builds and with one of the latest official nightlies.
It starts exactly with this change
  https://git.launchpad.net/kicad/commit/eeschema?id=352919658da483142ec9dd51fd389084b2d0082a <https://git.launchpad.net/kicad/commit/eeschema?id=352919658da483142ec9dd51fd389084b2d0082a>

It seems as if it isn’t reproducible on Linux/Windows.

For me, easiest way to check:
(1) Startup KiCad project manager (with some last project being automatically loaded)
(2) Start Library Editor
(3) Open some library
(4) Open a component, in component chooser just step through the components and check if the preview is rendered correctly.
(5) Goto (3), try with another library

Most of the time I quickly find symbols which do not draw at all (empty preview), or where some graphic elements are missing.

I currently have no idea about the root cause and I will definitely go on debugging this.
But, I’d really be interested if someone else on macOS also sees this, or if I am hunting something completely unrelated…

Regards,
Bernhard